Blind Industries and Services of Maryland
3345 Washington Blvd.
Baltimore US 21227
- Administers McCarron Dial Vocational Assessments and functional assessments of basic skill levels.
- Adults and Seniors are taught how to read and write Braille as part of two comprehensive training programs.
- Offers home teaching services, presentations on blindness, programs for community groups and agencies, convention presentations, in-service training.
- Provides training in the use of assistive technology.
- Provides consultation/technical assistance on hourly fee basis.
- Offers consultation, information and referral as well as twice-weekly seminars on adjustment to blindness.
- Offers rehabilitation training program, preparing people who are blind for everyday challenges of family, work, and personal achievement. Sponsors senior events (on- and off-site) and offers home teaching services, senior training and support.
- Offers pre-vocational and vocational training, employment opportunities for the blind, and job placement and employment development services. Sells products produced in workshops on site.
- Provides ongoing referral services.
- Offers low vision services.
- Offers in-service training.
- Offers special classes such as gardening, rug making, crafting, and more!
- Holds monthly support group meetings for seniors.
- Adults and Seniors are taught how to travel independently with the long white cane.