Blind Industries and Services of Maryland
3345 Washington Blvd.
Baltimore Maryland 1 21227
Blind Industries & Services of Maryland is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization dedicated to providing career and training resources to blind residents of Maryland.
To provide stable career opportunities, innovative rehabilitation programs, quality products and services and to develop resources for training and education. Our organization is an internationally recognized leader whose associates provide evolving opportunities for blind people and others.
Heather Harris, HHarris@bism.org
Rob Ennamorato, Communications, firstname.lastname@example.org
Frederick Puente, President, email@example.com
- Administers McCarron Dial Vocational Assessments and functional assessments of basic skill levels.
- Braille and Reading Instruction
- Adults and Seniors are taught how to read and write Braille as part of two comprehensive training programs.
- Community Outreach Programs
- Offers home teaching services, presentations on blindness, programs for community groups and agencies, convention presentations, in-service training.
- Computer Training/Assistive Technology
- Provides training in the use of assistive technology.
- Consultation/Technical Program Assistance
- Provides consultation/technical assistance on hourly fee basis.
- Offers consultation, information and referral as well as twice-weekly seminars on adjustment to blindness.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Offers rehabilitation training program, preparing people who are blind for everyday challenges of family, work, and personal achievement. Sponsors senior events (on- and off-site) and offers home teaching services, senior training and support.
- Employment/Job Training
- Offers pre-vocational and vocational training, employment opportunities for the blind, and job placement and employment development services. Sells products produced in workshops on site.
- Information and Referral
- Provides ongoing referral services.
- Low Vision Services
- Offers low vision services.
- Professional Training
- Offers in-service training.
- Recreation Services
- Offers special classes such as gardening, rug making, crafting, and more!
- Services for Seniors
- Support Groups
- Holds monthly support group meetings for seniors.
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Adults and Seniors are taught how to travel independently with the long white cane.