Baruch College, Computer Center for Visually Impaired People (CCVIP)
151 East 25th Street
New York New York 1 10010
(646) 312 1420
The CCVIP operates as part of Continuing and Professional Studies (CAPS) within Baruch College, one of the colleges of the City University of New York.
Judith Gerber, Operations Manager, CCVIP, firstname.lastname@example.org, 646 312 1420
William Reed, Acting Director, William.Reed@baruch.cuny.edu, 646 312 1420
- Assistive Products
- Free Demo Center Workshops of accessible devices are offered to the low and no-vision community in the Greater New York Metropolitan Area throughout the year, conveniently scheduled in the afternoons and evenings and available throught the CCVIP YouTube channel following each event.
- Braille/Electronic/Audio/Large Print Production
- Newsletters, directories, course materials, menus and other short documents.<br><br> Provides classroom materials in large print, braille or audio, depending on the needs of the student.
- Computer Training/Assistive Technology
- Full range of computer training courses with appropriate assistive technology. Provides a monthly open house that features a hands-on demonstration of computers equipped with large-print and screen reading (synthetic speech) software. Offers entrance seminars to help students to assess their skills and select appropriate courses.
- Consultation/Technical Program Assistance
- Provides consultations to identify most appropriate assistive technologies for customer needs.Provides web accessibility and usability testing on a fee-for-service basis.
- Distance Education
- Individualized training is offered either via telephone or SKYPE
- Professional Training
- Trains teachers and personnel of organizations serving visually impaired people in how to use assistive technology.
- Services for Seniors