Arizona Department of Economic Security: Rehabilitation Services Administration
1789 West Jefferson Street, 930A
Phoenix Arizona 1 85007
(602) 542 3332
The mission of the Arizona rehabilitation Services Administration is to empower individuals with disabilities to achieve increased independence and/or gainful employment through the provision of quality services.
Sue Kay Kneifel, Statewide Coordinator for DHH Service, SKneifel@azdes.gov
Karla Rivas-Parker, OIB Program Manager, KRivas@azdes.gov
Jason Sauer, SBVID BEP Program Manager, JSauer@azdes.gov
Tim Stump, RSA Employment Administrator, TStump@azdes.gov
- Provides assistive technology, orientation and mobility and independent living skills assessments within vocational rehabilitation and independent living programs.
- Braille and Reading Instruction
- Provides braille instruction within the vocational rehabilitation and independent living programs.
- Computer Training/Assistive Technology
- Provides instruction in the use of assistive technology in the vocational rehabilitation program.
- Provides vocational counseling.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides rehabilitation teaching and orientation/adjustment to blindness within the vocational rehabilitation and independent living programs.
- Employment/Job Training
- Operates the State Vocational Rehabilitation, the State Business Enterprises Program, and the Arizona Industries for the Blind.
- Health Services
- Offers sight conservation program, eye examinations, treatment, and eyeglasses for low-income persons. Contracts for other health services.
- Information and Referral
- Provides information and referral services within the vocational rehabilitation and independent living programs.
- Low Vision Services
- Lime Ligher Music Reading device
- Services for Seniors
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Provides orientation and mobility training within vocational rehabilitation and independent living programs.