Affiliated Blind of Louisiana
409 West St. Mary Boulevard
Lafayette Louisiana 1 70506
(337) 234 6492
The mission of Affiliated Blind of Louisiana (ABL) is to teach individuals who are blind and deaf-blind the skills that lead to independence, employment, and community integration. ABL is also a consumer organization that promotes the general welfare of the visually impaired, blind and deaf-blind, educates the public about blindness, and informs consumers of services available to them.
Lynn Blanchard, Executive Director, email@example.com, 337 234 6492 ext.601
- Braille and Reading Instruction
- Provides instruction in braille. As an alternative to those who have difficulty in feeling braille, 'Fishburn' is offered.
- Computer Training/Assistive Technology
- Offers assistive technology training.
- Offers counseling services to blind or visually impaired clients.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides training in skills of daily living, cooking, personal management, communications, braille. Operates Project Cope, a home/community based service for blind or visually impaired seniors over 55.
- Employment/Job Training
- Offers vocational training program, job skills, interview skills, transition.
- Services for Seniors
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Provides orientation and mobility training including training for individuals in wheelchairs.