Memphis Clovernook Center for the Blind and Visually Impaired
2693 Union Avenue, Suite 101
Memphis, TN 38112
(901) 523 9590 ext: 3403
CATS (Clovernook Assistive Technology Store) sells non-prescriptive low vision aids.
Summer Youth Program (Discovery Youth Camp) encourages kids with visual impairments to develop valuable social skills, participate in recreational activities and receive job training. Younger students receive personal adjustment and pre-employment training; older students receive help with job placement in summer employment.
Clovernook Memphis manufactures biodegradable/compostable paper hot cups and a dozen different styles of pressboard file folders.
Edith Gholson, Regional VP, firstname.lastname@example.org, 901 523 9590 ext.3402
Aletta Roebuck, COMS, Orientation and Mobility Specialist
Majid Kahn, Technology Specialist
- Employment/Job Training
- Offers vocational counseling, transitional work services, job coaching, job development, work adjustment.
- Low Vision Services
- Offers evaluation of remaining vision and prescribes the most effective devices based on each personâ€™s needs and preferred activities.
- Computer Training/Assistive Technology
- Offers training on working with Windows environment for individuals with visual impairments and additional disabilities as well as training JAWS scripting.
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Offers O&M instruction by an ACVREP-certified instructor.
- Information and Referral
- Provides information on a variety of local and national resources.
- Recreation Services
- Offers weekly art classes including ceramics, painting and copper enameling.
- Braille and Reading Instruction
- Offers instruction in braille.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Offers daily living skills training.