Montana Vocational Rehabilitation and Blind Services
111 North Last Chance Gulch, Suite 4C
PO Box 4210
Helena, MT 59604
(406) 444 2590
Blind and Low Vision Services Program provides a broad range of services through three programs to assist eligible individuals with visual disabilities in finding or maintaining employment and increasing independence. These programs are (1)Vocational Rehabilitation, (2)Visual Medical, and (3)Older Blind.
Beverly Berg, Program Administrator, BLVS, email@example.com, (406) 454-6081
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Oversees provision of rehabilitation services and low vision services throughout the state. Has a counselor, rehabilitation teacher, orientation and mobility specialist, and program assistant in each of four areas covering the state. Provides independent living services for blind or low vision persons age 55 and older.
- Provides counseling, home visits and social work services.
- Information and Referral
- Refers to other programs.
- Employment/Job Training
- Vocational Rehabilitation provides a broad range of services to assist eligible individuals with visual disabilities find or maintain employment.
- Low Vision Services
- Offers low vision evaluations.
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Offers orientation and mobility training.