Wisconsin Council of the Blind & Visually Impaired
754 Williamson Street
Madison, WI 53703-3546
(608) 255 1166
The Wisconsin Council of the Blind and Visually Impaired is a private, not-for-profit community-based organization. Our mission is to promote the dignity and empowerment of the people in Wisconsin who are blind and visually impaired by providing services, advocating legislation, and educating the general public. WCBVI is funded through an annual drive, private grants, and bequests.
Denise Jess, CEO/Executive Director, email@example.com
- Information and Referral
- Provides information and makes referrals as requested. Provides legislative advocacy. Maintains a statewide speakers' bureau
- Low Vision Services
- Provides low vision evaluations and follow-up.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Rehabilitation specialist meets with consumers in their homes to offer strategies, techniques, environmental modifications, and referral for other services.
- Assistive Products
- Sells assistive devices on its website and in the Sharper Vision Store. Provides free white canes to people in Wisconsin with vision loss who qualify.
- Computer Training/Assistive Technology
- Offers computer and assistive technology training through the vision services staff.