Wisconsin Center for the Blind and Visually Impaired
1700 W STATE ST
JANESVILLE, WI 53546-5344
The Wisconsin Center for the Blind and Visually Impaired is an integral part of the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction.
Dan Wenzel, Director, email@example.com
Julie Piper, Principal, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Provides social evaluations; psychological testing and evaluation; individual, group, family/parent, couple counseling.
- Consultation/Technical Program Assistance
- Offers in-service training for teachers, parent education, preschool and early childhood conferences. Provides consultation to other agencies for other counseling/social work services, especially local school districts.
- Employment/Job Training
- Provides pre-vocational evaluation, career and skill counseling, occupational skill development, and job training and placement
- Professional Training
- Offers internship/fieldwork placement in industrial arts, orientation/mobility, special education and regular in-service training programs, open to enrollment from other agencies.
- Recreation Services
- Offers adult continuing education, after-school programs, arts and crafts, hobby groups, swimming, track, wrestling, cross country skiing. Contracts for bowling.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides training in personal management, braille, handwriting, listening skills, use of the Optacon typing, use of video magnifier and electronic mobility aids, orientation and mobility, sensory training, remedial education, transition training and vocational guidance.
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Provides orientation and mobility training.
- Provides physical therapy and speech therapy. Contracts and provides consultation to other agencies for other health services.