Westchester Independent Living Center
10 County Center Road
2nd Floor, Suite 203
White Plains, NY 10607
(914) 682 3926
We provide advocacy and resources for individuals with disabilities
Joe Bravo, Executive Director
Kathleen O'Conner, Contact, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Provides individual and group counseling, as well as peer support groups. Peer advisors available to visit newly disabled individuals at hospitals, rehabilitation centers, and mental health facilities to help facilitate their transition back to the community and offer emotional support and practical advice on issues such as education and vocational opportunities, housing, recreation, sexuality, and adaptive equipment.
- Information and Referral
- Provides information on, and referral to, services available for individuals with varying disabilities. Provides help to consumers in understanding and accessing resources to help consumers understand what resources are available to them and to assist them in making informed choices.
- Community Outreach Programs
- Works with individuals, community organizations, and state/national networks to promote full inclusion of people with disabilities and to improve the implementation of existing laws. Center staff is also available to give presentations to schools, businesses, and civic groups on any disability-related issue in order to heighten awareness and understanding of such issues.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides training in everyday life skills and offers consumer workshops on topics such as money management, managing an attendant, wheelchair maintenance, and accessing technology.
- Library Services
- Maintains a resource library on issues related to disability.