U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs: Waco Blind Rehabilitation Center
Central Texas Veterans Health Care System
4800 Memorial Drive
Waco, TX 76711
(254) 297 3649
Christopher Bosley, Chief, Christopher.email@example.com
- Computer Training/Assistive Technology
- Teaches blinded Veterans the basics of using adaptive computers so that they can keep in touch with family and friends with e-mail, gain access to news and other information on the internet, and gain satisfaction from using an adaptive computer for everyday personal business and enjoyment.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides comprehensive blind rehabilitation, including interdisciplinary inpatient and outpatient services.
- Low Vision Services
- Provides low vision evaluation and follow-up. Prescribes and supplies low vision devices.
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Offers orientation and mobility training.
- Support Groups
- Offers support to Family members and loved ones who serve as Caregivers to Veterans living with the effects of war, disability, chronic illness or aging.