U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs: Southwestern Blind Rehabilitation Center
Southern Arizona VA Health Care System
3601 South Sixth Avenue
Tucson, AZ 85723
(520) 629 4643
Diana Kellermeyer, Clinical Director, Diana.Kellermeyer@va.gov, 520 629 4643
Ellen Lee, Assistant Clinical Director, Ellen.Lee@va.gov, 520 629 4643
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides residential services to visually impaired veterans of all ages, including assessments, evaluations, and training in the skills of daily living, low vision, orientation and mobility, manual skills and computer access. Also issues aids and appliances that are deemed necessary for people who are the blind. Provides blind rehabilitation training in a residential facility.
- Provides counseling and specialized services to veterans attending the program, family and peer counseling, and community integration support.
- Computer Training/Assistive Technology
- Provides computer training.
- Information and Referral
- Provides awareness training and referral services.
- Library Services
- Maintains a library and talking book service.
- Low Vision Services
- Provides low vision evaluation and follow-up. Prescribes and supplies low vision devices.
- Community Outreach Programs
- Does outreach through Visual Impairment Services Teams.
- Recreation Services
- Provides recreational services to program participants.
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Provides orientation and mobility training.
- Provides medical and eye care.