Prevent Blindness Iowa
1111 Ninth Street
Des Moines, IA 50314
(515) 244 4341
Founded in 1958, Prevent Blindness Iowa is at work in communities across Iowa with sight-saving programs for children, adults and older citizens. Prevent Blindness Iowa is a leading volunteer eye health and safety organization dedicated to preventing blindness and preserving sight through public and professional education, early detection, patient services and research.
Jeanne Burmeister, Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Information and Referral
- Provides information to community concerning eye health and safety and some referral to services for people who are blind and visually impaired throughout Iowa.
- Community Outreach Programs
- Does outreach to service-oriented clubs like Kiwanis and optometrists to identify those who would benefit from provided services.
- Library Services
- Full eye health and safety library.
- Offers vision screening at community and business events for adults and preschool children.