Beaver County Association for the Blind
616 Fourth Street
Beaver Falls, PA 15010
(724) 843 1111
Beaver County Association for the Blind is a private nonprofit organization providing support and rehabilitation services to blind and visually impaired children and adults.
Theresa Lukes, Administrative Director, firstname.lastname@example.org, 724 843 1111
- Recreation Services
- Offers social activities, crafts, field trips.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides training in life skills, personal management, and offers housing assistance.
- Information and Referral
- Provides information on all visual problems, eye safety, prevention of blindness. Refers to programs for seniors.
- Community Outreach Programs
- Offers eye safety programs in schools.
- Transportation Services
- Offers transportation services.
- Support Groups
- Facilitates a support group for people with low vision.
- In-Home Services
- Offers chore services.
- Offers counseling to newly blind persons, to parents, or clients.
- Computer Training/Assistive Technology
- Assistive tech services provided through the Keystone Blind Association.
- Braille and Reading Instruction
- Offers braille instruction.
- Reading Services
- Offers reading services.
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Instruction is provided in the skills necessary to enable a visually impaired person to travel independently and safely in a residential area and throughout the community. A variety of long canes & tips, support canes and other mobility devices are available for demonstration.