Pennsylvania Association for the Blind
555 Gettysburg Pike
Mechanicsburg, PA 17055
(717) 766 2020
The Pennsylvania Association for the Blind (PAB), through its network of 29 member agencies, provides innovative services for people of all ages who have a wide range of vision impairments from low vision to total blindness.
- Sight Loss Support Groups; individual counseling
- Community Outreach Programs
- Conducts vision screening on location at schools, community. Has eye health and safety programs. Deploys field staff, as needed, to reach into rural counties of low population density.
- Recreation Services
- Provides educational and recreational programs.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides home services and individualized instruction in daily living skills, home and health management, and communications skills
- Employment/Job Training
- Provides employment, training, education and social/supportive services.
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Provides orientation and mobility training.
- Transportation Services
- Provides escorted transportation to medical facilities, banks, grocery stores and social agencies.
- Computer Training/Assistive Technology
- Offers assistive technology training.
- Braille and Reading Instruction
- Offers braille instruction.
- Reading Services
- Offers radio reading programs.
- Support Groups
- Offers social and recreational activities.
- Braille/Electronic/Audio/Large Print Production
- Accepts any form of literature, document or business material for Braille Embossing. Please call PAB for a free price quote. All documents, and materials must be in MS Word/Office Format.
- Information and Referral
- Provides referrals to aging programs.
- In-Home Services
- Offers family/caregiver services.
- Low Vision Services
- Offers low vision services.