Vision Resources of Central Pennsylvania
1130 South 19th Street
Harrisburg, PA 17104
(717) 238 2531
Danette Blank, Executive Director, email@example.com
Nancy Altemose, Director of Services, firstname.lastname@example.org
Mike Barry, Low Vision Specialist, email@example.com
Londa Peterson, Access Technology Specialist, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Computer Training/Assistive Technology
- Teaches people who are blind and visually impaired how to use a computer. An on-site computer specialist provides training for software applications like word processing and database management as well as how to navigate the Internet. TCAB also provides training for stand-alone person digital assistants and Note Takers.
- Provides counseling and support groups for families, people who are blind, life skills education, chore service, case management services.
- Information and Referral
- Provides information and referral to special services.
- Community Outreach Programs
- Educates children and adults about both prevention of blindness and eye safety throughout Cumberland, Dauphin and Perry counties.
- Reading Services
- Provides individuals who are print-impaired with news, information, broadcasts of special events through the Harrisburg Area Radio Reading Service. Publications include the Harrisburg Magazine, Reminisce, Patriot-News and other local papers.
- Recreation Services
- Assists in activities such as attending plays, exploring nature, playing cards, touring local attractions, art projects, dancing, learning local history.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Offers specialized services to clients who are deemed visually eligible; life skills, personal skills, home maintenance, nutrition and safety programs.
- Employment/Job Training
- Operates a sheltered workshop. Refers for other employment-oriented services.
- Low Vision Services
- Conducts low vision evaluations, assesses and sets vision goals, and recommends low vision products to achieve those goals. TCAB's Low Vision Center offers a wide range of low vision products, such as talking products, magnification devices, video magnifiers, UV sun shields and various daily living products to help make life easier for people with visual impairments.
- Braille/Electronic/Audio/Large Print Production
- Offers braille transcription and translation for businesses that are looking to become more accessible for individuals who are blind or visually impaired.
- In-Home Services
- Offers in-home services, such as shopping, mail reading, bill paying and assitance with paperwork, and transportation and escort services to and from doctor visits and other appointments.
- Support Groups
- Holds monthly support group meetings.