Pacific University College of Optometry
Forest Grove Family Vision Center
2043 College Way
Forest Grove, OR 97116
(503) 352 2020
At Pacific University's Low Vision Service the examinations are tailored to the patients' needs and desires. Individuals who have lost the ability to perform various tasks of daily living as a result of permanent uncorrectable vision are often faced with a loss of independence and a sense of frustration. The primary goal of our Low Vision Service is to enable these individuals to achieve maximum use of their remaining vision while maintaining as independent a life style as possible. Through an examination of the patient's remaining vision, various optical and non-optical devices and techniques to assist in these daily living skills are evaluated. These devices can range in complexity from various lighting and marking tools, to a full array of hand-held or head-borne optical devices, to highly sophisticated electronic devices.
Christi Closson, OD, Chief, Low Vision Services, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Computer Training/Assistive Technology
- Offers training in the use of CCTVs.
- Consultation/Technical Program Assistance
- Provides individual consultations as a result of low vision evaluations.
- Low Vision Services
- Provides low vision evaluation and follow-up. Prescribes and supplies low vision devices.
- Assistive Products
- Sells various low vision devices only after low vision evaluation. Products for sale on site.
- Conducts general vision and eye health evaluations.