Northport Veterans Affairs Medical Center
79 Middleville Road
Northport, NY 11768
(631) 261 4400 ext: 2038
Low Vision Clinical Service within Veterans Administration Medical Center. VICTORS program (Vision Impairment Center to Optimize Remaining Sight) provides more extensive vision rehabilitation services to veterans, including vision rehabilitation therapy, orientation and mobility, and counseling services.
Michael Fischer, Chief, Optometry Service, firstname.lastname@example.org, 631 261 4400 ext.7165
- Low Vision Services
- Provides low vision evaluation and follow-up. Prescribes and supplies low vision devices.
- Offers counseling services.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Offers training in skills of daily living.
- Information and Referral
- Offers information and referrals to other services.
- Support Groups
- Assists in making emotional and behavioral adjustments to blindness through individual counseling sessions and group therapy meetings.