North Country Association for the Visually Impaired
22 US Oval - Suite B-15
Plattsburgh, NY 12903
(518) 562 2330
NCAVI provides free services to the blind, legally blind and visually impaired in Clinton, Essex, Franklin and St. Lawrence counties in New York State. We service over 200 individuals per year. Our staff travels far and wide over our four county catchment area to meet this great need and to keep the visually impaired of our community as independent, efficient and safe as they can be. All of the instruction, guidance and training takes place right in the individuals home, school or worksite. NCAVIâ€™s professional staff offers a multitude of services to people of all ages who are dealing with vision loss. They include, but are not limited to; visual rehabilitation, orientation & mobility, social casework, instruction on low vision equipment and job saves.
Amy Kretser, Executive Director, email@example.com, 518 562 2330
- Home visits and counseling by the agency or by referral to another organization.
- Braille and Reading Instruction
- Offers braille classes.
- Employment/Job Training
- Offers vocational training.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Offers home-based and community-based training; homemaking skills, kitchen management; activities of daily living for older persons.
- Low Vision Services
- Offers low vision services and referrals and follow-up after two months. Low vision devices can be ordered through the agency.
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Safe travel skills using a cane or guide dog.