Montgomery County Association for the Blind
25 East Marshall Street (Third Floor)
Morristown, PA 19401
(215) 661 9800
The mission of the Montgomery County Association for the Blind is to enhance the independence and quality of life of people coping with blindness or vision impairment through rehabilitation, education, support and advocacy.
Comprehensive services and programs for people with vision loss.
Catherine Nold, Administrive Director, email@example.com
- Provides comprehensive social services and individualized support for people losing vision.
- Recreation Services
- Offers recreation/socialization activities for adults throughout the year.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides mobility instruction and in-home training in daily living skills.
- Computer Training/Assistive Technology
- Offers classroom and one on one instruction. Includes Computer Club for children and students to improve skills with access technology.
- Employment/Job Training
- Prepares people with vision loss from the Greater Delaware Valley for competitive employment. Offers job readiness conferences, job search and placement assistance.
- Community Outreach Programs
- Offers programs about blindness to schools, scouts, retirement centers, nursing facilities, community group homes, and others.
- Information and Referral
- Provides information on blindness and visual impairment, referral to community resources.
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Provides orientation and mobility training by a full time specialist on staff. Also provides sun lens evaluations, environmental assessments.
- Support Groups
- Facilitate several support groups, including sight loss and diabetic meetings. Professionals and peers help people to learn coping strategies during these professionally facilitated support groups that are open to anyone who has experienced vision loss. Groups meet monthly in North Wales, Royersford and Exton.
- Offers individual, couple and family therapy specializing in vision loss.
- Transportation Services
- Provides transportation for medical appointments, and in support of those attending selected agency programs
- Consultation/Technical Program Assistance
- Offers in-service training programs provided to those working with visually impaired patients/residents at nursing homes, retirement communities, group homes and senior day care centers.
- Braille and Reading Instruction
- Braille classes are now available to assist in learning functional Braille for labeling and independence.