Penn Center for Low Vision Rehabilitation
Scheie Eye Institute, Department of Ophthalmology
University of Pennsylvania Health System
Philadelphia, PA 19104
(800) 789 7366
The Penn Center for Low Vision Rehabilitation is affiliated with the Ralston Penn Center. It is a state-of-the-art facility that implements the skills of ophthalmology and optometry to make the most of vision that cannot be restored further through medical or surgical means.
Ranjoo Prasad, Optometrist, Low Vision Rehabilitation
- Offers social services, psychiatry. Social worker available.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides training in orientation and mobility and offers occupational therapy.
- Computer Training/Assistive Technology
- Offers assistive technology training.
- Low Vision Services
- Provides low vision evaluation and follow-up. Prescribes and supplies low vision devices.
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Provides orientation and mobility training.
- Information and Referral
- Provides consultation and referrals for geriatric medicine, geriatric psychiatry, and social services.
- Offers optometric, ophthalmological, and genetics consultations.