Low Vision Center
4905 Del Ray Avenue
Bethesda, MD 20814
(301) 951 4444
The mission of the Low Vision Center is to help people with low vision discover the aids and strategies that will help them lead full, happy, and independent lives.
Services include a newsletter and demonstrations of a wide range of optical and non-optical aids and devices, assistive technology, lighting, and daily living devices.
Terry Eason, Executive Director, email@example.com
Pat Mertens, Program Director
- Information and Referral
- Offers information and referral to area physicians, advanced assistive technology, and social services.
- Community Outreach Programs
- Prepares presentations on coping with low vision for professionals and clients. Provides demonstrations of low vision devices and strategies.
- Assistive Products
- Sells handheld and stand magnifiers, used desktop video magnifiers, and nonoptical aids. Mail orders accepted. Products for sale on site.
- Low Vision Services
- Demonstrates a variety of optical and non-optical aids to give clients a better idea of their needs and options. Handheld, stand, and video magnifiers in stock for demonstration. Select aids available for purchase in-house, others available by mail-order. Additional information and referrals available. Services free of charge; appointments requested.