John A. Moran Eye Center
65 Mario Capecchi Drive
University of Utah
Salt Lake City, UT 84132
(801) 581 2352
The Moran Eye Center provides a Patient Support Program for patients with visual impairment and blindness. The program consists of psychosocial support, referrals, a support group for visually impaired individuals of retirement age, and an Orientation to Vision Loss program
Lisa Ord, Director, Patient Support Program, email@example.com, 801 585 6635
- Offers counseling for visually impaired individuals and families, support groups, orientation to vision loss program.
- Information and Referral
- Refers to appropriate resources.
- Professional Training
- Offers internships, fellowships, professional training related to eye care and vision loss and training for optometrists, social workers, psychologists, ophthalmic technicians.
- Provides eye care and does research.
- Low Vision Services
- Vision Rehabilitation to improve functional ability.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- The Maintaining Independence group provides instruction, discussion and some hands-on training to live the life you want with vision loss.
- Support Groups
- Support groups are offered to share experiences, information and offer encouragement.