Independent Living Resources
1839 NE Couch Street
Portland, OR 97232
(503) 232 7411
Barry Fox-Quamme, Executive Director, email@example.com
- Offers counseling, using the self-help model, for people with disabilities to work together with ILR's peer counselors to explore options and to solve problems. Runs topic-specific peer support groups regularly.
- Recreation Services
- Offers events and other social/recreational opportunities.
- Information and Referral
- Provides information on transportation, housing, employment, adaptive equipment, accessibility modifications, resource collection, local and national resources and other programs and services for people with disabilities.
- Braille and Reading Instruction
- Provides instruction in braille.
- Consultation/Technical Program Assistance
- Provides information, technical assistance, site evaluations, and advocacy throughout Oregon to individuals, businesses, and community members through its ADA Program.
- Community Outreach Programs
- Offers training and community presentations regarding disability awareness, rights and culture. Tailors workshops to meet individual needs. An ILR newsletter is available upon request. Offers services to culturally diverse individuals with disabilities and their families.
- Braille/Electronic/Audio/Large Print Production
- Educational, personal or business materials.
- Assists people with disabilities to obtain necessary support services and/or benefits from other sources in the community.
- Support Groups
- Offers both a women's support group and a men's support group for people with disabilities.