Helen Keller National Center for Deaf-Blind Youths and Adults: East Central Region Office
14440 Cherry Lane Court
Laurel, MD 20707
(240) 786 6534
Cynthia Ingraham, Regional Representative, firstname.lastname@example.org, 240 786 6534
- Conducts informal assessment to determine individual service needs of clients who are deaf-blind.
- Consultation/Technical Program Assistance
- Provides consultation and technical assistance regarding deaf-blindness to schools and agencies. Assists in developing local services for deaf-blind persons.
- Information and Referral
- Provides public information about deaf-blindness and refers to community resources. Provides follow-along support. May refer to Sands Point, New York facility for comprehensive rehabilitation. Maintains information for National Registry.
- Professional Training
- Offers professional development and in-service training.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Refers to community rehabilitative resources relevant to deaf-blindness. May also refer to Sands Point, New York facility for comprehensive rehabilitation services for deaf-blind persons.