Judith A. Read Low Vision Services
701 South Main St.
Akron, OH 44311-1064
(330) 762 9755
Judith A. Read Low Vision Services is a program of United Disability Services which provides employment, respite, transportation, sports and recreation, and education services for individuals with disabilities.
Cheryl Reed, Clinical Director
Gary Knuth, Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Provides low vision and functional vision assessment for children and adults.Bioptic driving assessment and training is available. Trial use of low vision aids is a component of the assessment.
- Computer Training/Assistive Technology
- Assessment of and training with CCTVs, magnification software and speech output software for children and adults.
- Low Vision Services
- Provides low vision evaluation and follow-up. Has a device loaner program.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides training in use of low vision devices and offers Northern Ohio bioptic driving program.
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- O&M assessment and training provided in home, schoool or work settings. Training in use of bioptic telescopes for driving is also available.