Chautauqua Blind Association
510 West Fifth Street
Jamestown, NY 14701
(716) 664 6660
The mission of the Chautauqua Blind Association is to enable visually impaired people to be active members of their communities and to provide education and services to prevent vision loss.
Lisa Goodell, M.P.A, Executive Director, Lisa@chautauquablind.org
- Teaching staff performs social work, networking.
- Information and Referral
- Networks with community and other providers of services to blind or visually impaired individuals.
- Community Outreach Programs
- Offers community-wide Healthy Vision Educational Programs.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides rehabilitative training and training in the use of low vision devices.
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Provides orientation and mobility training.
- Braille/Electronic/Audio/Large Print Production
- Large-print phone directories, recipe books, or other materials requested by client.
- Low Vision Services
- Contracts with area low vision specialists for client examinations and prescribed devices.
- In-Home Services
- Offers in-home services.