CNIB Foundation: Quebec Division
Montreal, PQ H2K 3T1
(514) 934 4622
David Demers, Executive Director, Quebec Division, email@example.com
- Needs assessment completed along with client. Depending on assessment outcome, client may be referred to a government-funded rehabilitation program or service delivered by a provincial vision rehab centre of his or her district.
- Computer Training/Assistive Technology
- Provides 35 to 45-hour instructional programs on the Microsoft suite of software and hands-on training on the use of the online CNIB Digital Library.
- Counselors are available by phone or by appointment.
- Information and Referral
- Provides information on a wide range of topics related to vision loss and services available at the CNIB-Quebec Division or on services and programs offered by other Quebec blindness organizations (private and public).
- Library Services
- Offers a bilingual service that produces and circulates talking books and magazines on CD-ROM in DAISY format for both adults and children, braille books, electronic books, childrenâ€™s printbraille books, braille music, descriptive videos, and tactile diagrams. The CNIB Digital Library services include the Children's Discovery Portal, its online searchable Library catalogue, DAISY talking books and magazines on-line, electronic text and braille books, accessible web sites, electronic databases, an online newspaper and magazines stand also available by phone.
- Reading Services
- Provides a reading service of local or district newspapers by telephone (manned by volunteers and CNIB staff).
- Community Outreach Programs
- Conducts outreach initiatives with partner provincial organizations in the vision field, retirement residences, educational establishments, eye professionals and/or through organized events in the offices of the Quebec Division.
- Braille/Electronic/Audio/Large Print Production
- Educational and other materials.
- Assistive Products
- Provides product information and demonstrations and offers opportunities for purchasing assistive devices and independent living tools.
- Support Groups
- Offers peer support group programs.