CNIB Foundation: Manitoba Division
1080 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB R3G 3M3
(204) 774 5421
- Provides assessment at initial registration and triage and referral to services.
- Computer Training/Assistive Technology
- Keyboarding; access technology; Internet usage.
- Consultation/Technical Program Assistance
- Offers individual and employer high-tech assistance. Support provided to professionals in the community who assist parents of children with vision loss.
- Provides counseling to individuals and families to assist in the adjustment to vision loss.
- Employment/Job Training
- Provides vocational and employment-related services to individuals to determine career goals and develop or learn new skills, including job search techniques.
- Information and Referral
- Provides referrals to appropriate CNIB professionals or other community resources.
- Library Services
- Through the CNIB Library, books, magazines, and other material in braille, e-text, DAISY format and audio are circulated by mail free of charge to library users. Additional resources such as descriptive videos, braille music, tactile drawings, and printbraille books are available while newspapers and magazines can be accessed via computer or telephone.
- Low Vision Services
- Provides low vision evaluation and follow-up. At the Low Vision Clinic, prescribes and recommends low vision devices. Assists individuals to make use of their remaining vision with the use of adaptive devices.
- Professional Training
- Training provided to community professionals upon request.
- Recreation Services
- Offers diverse recreational programs for individuals living with vision loss. Examples include choir, dancing, fiber arts, water sports, youth camp, youth groups and outings.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides a range of rehabilitation services that include O&M, rehabilitation teaching, low vision services, counseling, employment, technology training and occupational therapy.
- Assistive Products
- Maintains a store that carries a wide variety of assistive technologies.
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Provides training for safe and independent travel in the home and community.