Alaska Division of Vocational Rehabilitation
Department of Labor and Workforce Development
P.O. Box 111149
Juneau, AK 99811
(907) 465 2814
The Alaska Division of Vocational Rehabilitation is a combined federal/state program under the authority of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended. It is a vocational rehabilitation agency that offers specific programs and services for people who are blind and visually impaired as well as people who experience a physical or mental disability, that creates a barrier to employment, through a coordinated service delivery system statewide.
Duane Mayes, Director, email@example.com, (907)334-5963
Robyn Chartrand, Community Rehabilitation Program Specialist, firstname.lastname@example.org, (907)465-6932
Olivia Carr-Odom, Business Enterprise Program Coordinator, email@example.com, 9072697492
Megan Schiele, Statewide Coordinator for the Blind, firstname.lastname@example.org, (907)269-2077
- Provides assistance with adjustment to disability, blindness, or visual impairment with an emphasis on self-empowerment and "informed consumer choice."
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Offers statewide services to assist those who are blind or visually impaired and age 55 and older through contract service providers.
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Provided through contract service providers.
- Computer Training/Assistive Technology
- Offers computer training.
- Low Vision Services
- Provides referrals for evaluation and financial assistance with purchase.
- Employment/Job Training
- Offers vocational evaluation, on-the-job training, vocational training, and academic training. Provides job seeking and job placement services. The Alaska Business Enterprise Program provides individuals who are blind with priority to run food service establishments in federal facilities and blind and severely handicapped with the priority to run food service establishments in state facilities.
- Provides referrals and funding for appropriate and necessary diagnostic and assessment resources.
- Information and Referral
- Referrals to aging programs.