Affiliated Blind of Louisiana
409 West St. Mary Boulevard
Lafayette, LA 70506
(337) 234 6492
The mission of Affiliated Blind of Louisiana (ABL) is to teach individuals who are blind and deaf-blind the skills that lead to independence, employment, and community integration. ABL is also a consumer organization that promotes the general welfare of the visually impaired, blind and deaf-blind, educates the public about blindness, and informs consumers of services available to them.
Lynn Blanchard, Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org, 337 234 6492 ext.601
- Computer Training/Assistive Technology
- Offers assistive technology training.
- Offers counseling services to blind or visually impaired clients.
- Employment/Job Training
- Offers vocational training program, job skills, interview skills, transition.
- Braille and Reading Instruction
- Provides instruction in braille. As an alternative to those who have difficulty in feeling braille, 'Fishburn' is offered.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides training in skills of daily living, cooking, personal management, communications, braille. Operates Project Cope, a home/community based service for blind or visually impaired seniors over 55.
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Provides orientation and mobility training including training for individuals in wheelchairs.