The Sight Center of Northwest PA
2545 West 26th Street
Erie, PA 16505-3261
(814) 455 0995
Programs fall into four primary service areas: prevention of blindness, diabetes prevention, vision rehabilitation, social support for those with low vision and those who are blind.
Andrew Prischak, Low Vision Specialist, email@example.com
- Recreation Services
- Offers social group for elderly blind persons.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides training in personal management and home management skills.
- Consultation/Technical Program Assistance
- Provides in-service training to staffs of organizations that have a significant visually impaired population.
- Provides casework and referral services. Offers training in blindness skills to supplement the education of mainstreamed children.
- Information and Referral
- Serves as the primary source of information and referrals regarding blindness and visual impairment in area.
- Low Vision Services
- Provides low vision evaluation and follow-up. Prescribes and supplies low vision devices.
- Reading Services
- Reading from the Erie Times News available by dialing (814)459-2999.
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Provides orientation and mobility training.
- Transportation Services
- Provides transportation services for seniors.
- Support Groups
- Has a support group for seniors.
- Offers diagnostic and medical treatment, public education programs.