700 Elm Street
Winnetka, IL 60093
(847) 446 8111
Hadley is the largest distance educator of visually impaired people, their families and professionals who serve them. Founded in 1920 by William Hadley, an educator who had lost his sight later in life, Hadley offers education and support free of charge. Our educational opportunities cover daily living, technology, braille, recreation, adjusting to vision loss, and employment. We rely on contributions from individuals, foundations and corporations to fund our programs.
Julie Tye, President, email@example.com, 847 784 2760
Andre Lukatsky, Chief Technology Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org, 847 784 2713
Vivian Seki, Director of Materials Production, Vivian@hadley.edu
Michael Rydel, Chief Learning Officer, MichaelR@hadley.edu
Brooke Voss, Chief Development Officer, Brooke@Hadley.edu, 847 784 2774
- Education Services
- Provides academic, personal enrichment, and rehabilitation and technical education through distance education courses, including braille reading and writing, finding employment, self employment and technology related courses. Also offers courses for parents of blind children and family members of blind adults.
Offers a variety of adult continuing education courses for seniors who are adjusting to vision loss.
- Professional Training
- Offers a Professional Studies Program for professionals and paraprofessionals in the blindness field.
- Braille/Electronic/Audio/Large Print Production
- Provides materials in alternate formats.
- Distance Education
- Offers 4 distance education programs: Adult Continuing Education, High School, Family Education and Professional Studies. Online courses include Access Technology: Beginnings, Blindness Basics, Business Writing, Contracted Braille, Diabetes: Toward Self-Management, Glaucoma, Going Places, Internet Basics, Internet: Beyond the Basics, Introduction to Braille, Learning Through Play, Macular Degeneration, Safety in the Home, Using Excel.
- Personnel Preparation
- Offers a Professional Studies Program.
- Braille and Reading Instruction
- Offers braille and reading instruction.
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Offers a course in independent travel.