the Seeing Hand Association, Inc.
750 Main Street
Wheeling, WV 26003-2571
(304) 232 4810
The Seeing Hand Association, Inc. began services in 1936 and was incorporated in 1946 in Wheeling, WV. It serves citizens in Ohio and West Virginia. It offers a number of specialized services for blind and visually impaired individuals, including community education, advocacy, adaptive technology skills training, orientation and mobility training, job development, and a low vision clinic. These services assist in meeting the identified needs of the individual while maintaining our core values of accountability, honesty, integrity, trust, teamwork, independence, personal and professional growth, dignity and self-esteem.
Karen Haught, Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org, 304 232 4810 ext.14
Bob Hicks, Access Technology Specialist, email@example.com, 304 232 4810
Theresa Kurtz, Outreach Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org, 304 232 4810
- Employment/Job Training
- Offers workshops in chair caning, rug weavings, subcontract work, crafts. Employment Network for "Ticket-to-Work."
- Recreation Services
- Holds picnics, Christmas parties, bowling league and various leisure time activities.
- Braille and Reading Instruction
- Provides instruction in braille.
- Low Vision Services
- Offers low vision rehabilitation services through a licensed OD by referral only. Services consist of exam, evaluation and loaner devices. Other rehabilitation services are listed.
- Support Groups
- Holds support groups for visually impaired individuals and family members/significant others.
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Provides assessment and training in travel skills, orientation to home and workplace.