North Central Sight Services, Inc.
2121 Reach Road
Williamsport, PA 17701
North Central Sight Services, Inc. is a not-for-profit agency based in Williamsport, Pennsylvania. We are proud to provide blindness prevention education, vision screenings, services and employment to individuals who are blind or visually impaired in the communities of Bradford, Centre, Clinton, Lycoming, Sullivan, and Tioga Counties. North Central Sight Services, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization as designated by the IRS and is registered with the Bureau of Charities in the state of P
Brian Patchett, President and CEO, email@example.com
Brandy Moon, firstname.lastname@example.org
- We offer social and recreational support groups as well as individual support for people coping with vision loss.
- Professional Training
- Offers internship/fieldwork placement in social work, in-service training programs for volunteers and other agencies.
- Recreation Services
- North Central Sight Services offers a number of social and recreational support groups.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides life skills training in home management, communications, and personal management skills. We also offer Vision Rehabilitation Therapy.
- Computer Training/Assistive Technology
- Our Certified Low Vision Rehabilitation Therapist provides training on Low Vision Aids and technology such as CCTV, iPad, and applications for smart phones.
- Community Outreach Programs
- Provides public education presentations and materials on overall eye health and eye safety.
- Employment/Job Training
- North Central Sight Services, Inc. believes that employment, for people who are blind or members of the professional staff, should be a rewarding experience. We offer facility-based employment opportunities. All full time Associates receive the same level of employee benefits. All Associates working in our Industry are paid above minimum wage and our professional staff is paid a competitive salary. We do all that we can to create a positive, balanced and productive work environment for all Associates. Work stations and operations are adapted for our Associates to provide the least restrictive environment and to maximize productivity.
- Information and Referral
- Provides referrals to state blindness and local agencies.
- Low Vision Services
- North Central Sight Services, Inc. provides vision screenings for both adults and children and a Functional Vision Clinic. The Functional Vision Clinic allows children to see a pediatric optometrist that specializes in visual learning and offer prescriptions for eye glasses. We also can work with regional eye care professionals for low vision evaluations.
- Provides preschool vision screenings and adult vision screening, prevention of blindness services (including intraocular pressure screenings and public education).