Lighthouse for the Blind of Fort Worth
912 West Broadway
Fort Worth, TX 76104
(817) 332 3341
The Lighthouse for the Blind of Fort Worth provides essential services to people who are visually impaired through diverse programs administered by a staff of skilled and caring professionals. A nonprofit organization, its mission is to provide services to assist legally and totally blind individuals to achieve their highest level of personal, economic self-sufficiency, consistent with their specific skills, general abilities, and interests.
Platt Allen, President and CEO, firstname.lastname@example.org
Lisa Fellers, Community Development, email@example.com
Alex Dean, O&M Specialist, firstname.lastname@example.org
Krina Traywick, Accounting & Finance, email@example.com
- Employment/Job Training
- Provides work adjustment training and employment for individuals with vision loss.
- Information and Referral
- Provides information and referral services to individuals contending with vision loss and their families.
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Provides orientation and mobility skills training to assist individuals with vision loss to be able to travel independently.
- Provides information, guidance, and assistance with services provided by federal, state, and local resources.
- Community Outreach Programs
- Provides community education and awareness about vision loss.
- Support Groups
- Provides contact information regarding local area telephone-based support groups and monthly low vision support groups.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides training in the use of adaptive devices, communication techniques, home and personal management, counseling and guidance and community resources.