Florida Center for the Blind
1411 NE 22nd Avenue
Ocala, FL 34470
(352) 873 4700
The Florida Center for the Blind, Inc. is a nonprofit organization that teaches alternatives to performing daily tasks with a minimum of inconvenience to the individual. The Center also aids its clients in locating and qualifying for services available to them.
Education and training are provided in braille, mobility skills, daily living skills, cooking, and leisure time activities.
The Florida Center also provides training in employability skills such as typing, introduction to computers, and the use of specialized software.
Anissa Pieriboni, President/CEO, email@example.com
Charles Lawrence, Assistive Technology Instructor
Kevin Bailey, Braille Instructor
Kelly Lewis, Rehabilitation Instructor
Sally Newton, O&M Instructor
Jennifer Nisbett, Transition Coordinator
Ben Cutler, Vocational Rehabilitation and Job Readiness
- Offers adaptive counseling for the blind and their companions.
- Employment/Job Training
- Provides training in job skills such as typing, using computers with speech, employability and electronic communications.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides assistance for blind persons in adjusting to their environment, including independent living skills, mobility (use of the white cane), braille, and use of adaptive aids and appliances.
- Professional Training
- Provides training for FCB volunteers and staff, health care professionals, special education teachers, social workers.
- Support Groups
- Has a support group for people who are blind and their companions.
- Braille and Reading Instruction
- Offers braille instruction.
- Computer Training/Assistive Technology
- Provides training in the use of assistive technology.
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Provides O&M training.
- Information and Referral
- Refers to other programs for seniors.