Blind Industries and Services of Maryland
3345 Washington Blvd.
Baltimore, MD 21227
Blind Industries & Services of Maryland is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization dedicated to providing career and training resources to blind residents of Maryland.
To provide stable career opportunities, innovative rehabilitation programs, quality products and services and to develop resources for training and education. Our organization is an internationally recognized leader whose associates provide evolving opportunities for blind people and others.
Frederick Puente, President, email@example.com
Rob Ennamorato, Communications, firstname.lastname@example.org
Andy McIver, Director of Rehabilitation, email@example.com, 410 737 2648
- Offers consultation, information and referral as well as twice-weekly seminars on adjustment to blindness.
- Employment/Job Training
- Offers pre-vocational and vocational training, employment opportunities for the blind, and job placement and employment development services. Sells products produced in workshops on site.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Offers rehabilitation training program, preparing people who are blind for everyday challenges of family, work, and personal achievement. Sponsors senior events (on- and off-site) and offers home teaching services, senior training and support.
- Administers McCarron Dial Vocational Assessments and functional assessments of basic skill levels.
- Computer Training/Assistive Technology
- Provides training in the use of assistive technology.
- Consultation/Technical Program Assistance
- Provides consultation/technical assistance on hourly fee basis.
- Information and Referral
- Provides ongoing referral services.
- Community Outreach Programs
- Offers home teaching services, presentations on blindness, programs for community groups and agencies, convention presentations, in-service training.
- Professional Training
- Offers in-service training.
- Braille and Reading Instruction
- Adults and Seniors are taught how to read and write Braille as part of two comprehensive training programs.
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Adults and Seniors are taught how to travel independently with the long white cane.
- Low Vision Services
- Offers low vision services.
- Support Groups
- Holds monthly support group meetings for seniors.
- Recreation Services
- Offers special classes such as gardening, rug making, crafting, and more!