Organization: South Texas Lighthouse for the Blind
Responsible for maintaining, repairing and installing a diverse line of manufacturing machines used to produce a variety of non-durable products ranging from, but not limited to USPS Mail Trays, Toilet paper, Paper Towels, 3-ring loose leaf binders, sewn flight gloves, etc.. This is a working Lead II position and will help lead the maintenance department in the absence of the director of maintenance
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Plans and promptly executes all production machine maintenance including: addressing equipment failures and repairs, calibrations and modifications expediently; assures all equipment PM schedules and scheduled maintenance are met and are in accordance with documented standards; communicates directly with operations department to coordinate maintenance and repair work in process areas
2. Provides direction, trains and monitors manufacturing maintenance technicians and will help lead the maintenance department in the absence of the director of maintenance.
3. Plans, establishes and monitors work schedules, assignments, and production sequences to meet daily goals always ensuring machine uptime is maximized (downtime minimized); tracks downtime and analyzes results for enhanced preventative maintenance programs; identifies and implements improvements
4. Monitors and maintains assigned company resources including departmental inventory for all equipment ( Spare parts , tools, etc.) and maintenance shop
5. Conducts safety audits and immediate addresses deficiencies; conducts OSHA safety training on electrical safety, lockout/tag out, and ladder safety
6. Maintains required documentation, reports, etc. (ISO, PM, etc.)
7. Performs assigned projects and other job duties as assigned
1. Associates Degree preferred (Engineering discipline preferred); will substitute equivalent work experience and vocational training
2. Minimum 5 years working in a production /manufacturing facility environment that includes experience with machine design, hydraulics, general mechanics and preventive maintenance
3. Requires in-depth understanding of mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic theory as well as computerized programmable machinery
4. Excellent working knowledge of OSHA safety standards and requirements
5. Excellent communication with demonstrated ability to lead in a positive, proactive manner, must possess people skills.
6. Ability to work in a team environment and employ analytical and problem-solving skills
7. Excellent written and interpersonal skills
8. Proficiency using MS Word & MS Excel
9. Ability to prioritize, manage multiple tasks and ability to adjust quickly to changing demands
10.Knowledge and understanding of the cost drivers of maintenance in
11.Current state driver’s license and proof of insurability
STLB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or any other protected characteristic.