Organization: South Texas Lighthouse for the Blind
Updated as of 1/14/2021
The Federal Business Development Representative is responsible for the development and growth of incremental sales revenue and account management within new and current strategic customer accounts.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provide direct sales, account management and business development for Federal Government accounts (Governmental agencies and the wholesalers and distributers whom provide products into the Federal Government Market).
2. Maintain a working sales and marketing plan for each account assigned.
3. Assist with new business and product development implementation and research.
4. Plan and coordinate all travel, sales calls, presentations, training, and promotions on a best return on investment basis.
5. Performs other duties, as assigned
1. Must have strong Microsoft Office Products experience (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Outlook. Pre-employment assessment will be administered.
2. Must be highly organized; attention to detail a must
3. Preferred previous sales experience, not required
4. Ability to effectively present information and negotiate with all levels of management.
5. Effectively interact with internal and external customers, establishing and maintaining productive relationships while representing the mission of South Texas Lighthouse for the blind.
6. Ability to build positive working relationships, both internally and externally.
7. Must be self-disciplined, motivated and able to work independently without constant supervision.
8. Ability to work evenings and weekends based on client and office demands.
9. Ability to travel 85% of the time.
10. Current state driver's license and proof of insurability
STLB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or any other protected characteristic.