Organization: South Texas Lighthouse for the Blind
Under general supervision, performs a variety of cleaning duties and lawn maintenance duties for both the interior and exterior of the plant, including picking up trash from outside grounds, sweep, mop, empty trash receptacle; transport trash to outside dumpster, clean restrooms throughout the facility and maintains outside grounds using lawn equipment.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Cleans restroom, kitchen, break area and production area as required.
2. Removes and disposes of all trash from inside production area and outside grounds on a daily basis (pallet yard, front of building, etc.)
3. Empties trash receptacles in breakroom at least twice a day; and once daily from the offices.
4. Transports trash to outside dumpster (baler, crusher machine) at least once a day or twice if needed.
5. Sweeps and mops assigned areas weekly, as needed.
6. Performs lawn care (mowing, edging and trimming, applying weed removal spray) of property weekly or as assigned using company-provided lawn equipment and tools including but not limited to: riding lawn mower, weed eater, grass blower, and weed sprayer.
7. Bales designated recycling cardboard using baling machine.
8. Performs other work related duties as assigned.
1. High school graduate or GED preferred.
2. Must be able to read basic instructions.
3. Requires one to three months of related experience working including operating floor buffer and cleaning equipment and lawn equipment.
4. Must be able to operate baling machine
5. Ability to understand and follow directions with minimal supervision.
6. Must be able to push/pull up to 75 pounds up a ramp; able to lift up to 50 pounds; lift, stoop, climb and reach.
Exposed to both indoor and outdoor elements and weather conditions and moderate noise level from machines and equipment.
STLB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or any other protected characteristic.