Organization: National Industries for the Blind
Statement of Purpose
To assist in creating new jobs for people who are blind through managing the regulator process and assisting nonprofit agencies in the development and addition of projects to the procurement list and resolving significant problems that arise in providing products to federal agencies.
Responsibility for the Work of Others
Assigns and reviews work, and coordinates activities of other NIB staff involved in project development. May be required to serve as project coordinator manager for products under development.
• Employees in Other Divisions Continually
• Supervisory Personnel Continually
• NIB Associated Agencies Continually
• Federal and/or State Government Agencies Frequently
• Private Sector Business Occasionally
Bachelor’s degree required from an accredited college/university or equivalent work experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may also be acceptable.
Training and Specialized Knowledge
Must understand the procedures followed by federal government agencies in purchasing and stocking supplies and in evaluating products required.
• Communication Skills
• Ethics / Integrity
• Customer Care
• Job Knowledge/ Technical Skills
• Process Improvement
Minimum two (2) years of work experience required in the procurement of products by the government. Three (3) to five (5) years of professional work experience in a business environment required.
As necessary to coordinate activities related to the addition of items to the Procurement List. This includes visits to requiring/buying agencies, nonprofit agencies, and raw material suppliers when required. Job related travel is approximately 5%.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
• Works under direction of Director of Products and Product Manager with Federal Agencies, nonprofit agencies, suppliers and NIB staff to develop new projects for addition to the Procurement List. Has overall understating and coordinating for regulatory PL process and oversees the timely addition of new projects to the Procurement List.
• Assist the central liaison with AbilityOne Commission staff on all aspects of the AbilityOne process.
• Works under direction of Director of Products and Product Manager with Federal Agencies, nonprofit agencies, suppliers and AbilityOne Commission as needed to resolve problems associated with nonprofit agencies providing projects to the Government under the AbilityOne program.
• Coordinates along with the development team for new products to ensure timely development of products being added to the Federal Procurement List.
• Requests procurement data from government procuring activities. Maintains administration documentation for the evaluation of procurement information with the development team and other departments.
• Researches impact on incumbent supplier on the loss of business resulting from the addition of a project to the Procurement List.
• Prepares for review the request for announcement in the Federal Register for proposed additions, requests production facility review be conducted after obtaining coordination of Development Engineer.
• Markets capabilities of nonprofit agencies and NIB to contracting activities based on the requirements, needs, programs and initiatives of the contracting activities.
• Assists with educating contracting activities and nonprofit agencies about procurement under the AbilityOne Program, as required.
• Works with nonprofit agencies on all aspects of Government products. Coordinates in conducting training programs for nonprofit agencies in the area of products.
• Assists in monitoring changes, or proposed changes, to AbilityOne Commission’s policies and procedures to identify, analyze and make recommendations concerning potential impact on blind workers, nonprofit agencies and/or NIB.
• Works with the Director of products to maintain weekly reports on status of project development, provision of products on the Procurement List and general accomplishments and problems in area of project development.
• Maintains all data entry in PLIMS, IS and ADS (internal program systems). Daily inputs and reports input required.
• Maintains ADS, IS and other enterprise software systems to effectively perform job tasks.
• Coordinates recording areas for improvement or errors in the products PLIMS Manual to coordinate internally and with SourceAmerica.
• Under the direction of the Director, perform market research to support the identification and/or development of new product additions to the PL.
• Coordinates the communication on timelines to NPAs for procurement list additions. Will then also be responsible for internal NPA stakeholder communication to include development engineers, pricing team members, and product manager. Other post procurement List support as required.
This job description does not imply that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The incumbent in this position will perform such other tasks as may be required for the effective operation of the Division/Department upon the request by his/her supervisor.
NIB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.