Organization: National Industries for the Blind
The Vice President, Supply Chain Management has the critical responsibility to devise and implement supply chain and support operations strategy within the NIB/AbilityOne matrix which ensures all stakeholders have the necessary information and capability required to meet customer and partner expectations.
Guide the sustainable change, performance improvement, and career development of the channel management team.
This person requires daily execution of best in class customer service levels while ensuring availability, quality on time in full delivery and optimal management of human and financial resources.
This position requires strong negotiation and collaboration skills and will have superior diplomatic style to influence our agencies and distribution partners.
Responsibility for Work of Others
This position will be responsible to deliver win-win results for Supply Chain Management, ensuring staff assigned are provided with the tools, direction, and details to effectively perform their assignments and contribute to the mission and goals established.
• Employees in Other Divisions Continually
• Supervisory Personnel Continually
• NIB Associated Agencies Continually
• Federal and/or State Government Agencies Continually
• Distributors/Brokers Continually
• Private Sector Business Frequently
• U.S. AbilityOne Commission Frequently
• SourceAmerica Frequently
• SourceAmerica NPAs Occasionally
• FPI Occasionally
Bachelors or equivalent degree in Supply Chain Management, Industrial Engineering, Operations, or Organizational Development from an accredited university. Master’s degree in business administration or related field preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience may also be acceptable.
Training and Specialized Knowledge
• High level of energy, commitment and passion to achieve results and the ability to work within urgent deadlines.
• Experience/training on Supply Chain Risk Management (SCRM).
• Self-motivated and the ability to work without continuous management oversight.
• Project management skills and experience.
• Demonstrated ability to align and influence internal and external stakeholders.
• Development and execution of Supply Chain transformation strategy across associated nonprofit agencies and partners.
• Ability to discuss a wide range of topics from business strategy to the tactical execution of the strategy.
• Excellent organizational, leadership, motivational, analytical problem solving and strategic thinking skills.
• Ability to build cross-functional partnerships and engage in and lead cross-functional teams and initiatives.
• Strong change management skills and experience.
• Demonstrated negotiation and management leadership skills.
• Must have working knowledge of facilities, equipment, operations and management.
• Experience with developing and monitoring production strategies and performance metrics.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with dynamic priorities and demands.
• Proven track record of developing end to end strategies to improve supply chain efficiencies and effectiveness. Experience driving cost-reduction initiatives across the supply chain function.
• Demonstrated analytical orientation, possesses a clear understanding of supply chain management systems and processes, and able to build a global supply chain capability while serving the needs of customers.
• Proven track record of acquiring, training and developing high performance talent and teams.
• Able to interact well with others and to negotiate effectively.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, are of vital importance.
• Strong organizational skills and sound judgment essential when confronted with a multitude of situations and problems simultaneously.
• Must possess high ethical standards with ability to build teams and relationships with results orientation and commitment to staff development.
• Communication Skills
• Ethics /Integrity
• Customer Care
• Job Knowledge/ Technical Skills
• Process Improvement
• Judgment and Problem Solving
• People Management
• Motivating Subordinates and Others
• Strategic Thinking
• Minimum of 15 Years of overall business experience
• Minimum of 10 years of experience within Supply Chain and Logistics operations.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in a manager or director level role is required.
• APICS or Supply Chain Certification is preferred.
• Commercial Supply Chain management preferably serving the Federal/DOD markets.
• Experience with transportation, inventory management, and logistics.
• Six Sigma certification preferred.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop and maintain the strategy, structure, and policies necessary to assist our associated NPAs meet optimum supply chain performance to meet and exceed all parties’ goals and objectives.
• Develop and maintain increasing levels of communication and transparency of demand forecasts and supply status to collaboratively improve accuracy and performance of key upstream and downstream partners.
• Drive the development of analytical tools and reports to effectively manage supply chain performance KPI's across the program.
• Attract, develop, motivate and lead all direct and indirect reports, and external resources to enhance a culture that is collaborative, and customer focused.
• Identifies gaps in infrastructure as it relates to process and systems and drives strategic decisions to develop and design impactful solutions.
• Maintain compliance and minimize company risk in relations to safety, quality, and regulatory requirements.
• Develop and implement a comprehensive Supply Chain Risk Management (SCRM) Program.
• Anticipate changes in business climate and ensure solutions are in place to meet or exceed them.
• Build relationships with key stakeholders and business leaders ensuring open lines of communication and maintain ongoing dialogue regarding priorities and direction. Develop and leverage key external relationships for the benefit of the company.
• Strong knowledge of market competition and strategy to remain consistent to logistical trends in the industry for all channels.
• Will lead cross-functional and innovative solutions to drive multiples of capacity growth, improve customer satisfaction, and reduce costs by translating customer requirements into state-of-the-art supply chain strategies, systems, and business practices.
• Constantly review external trends and identify internal opportunities for continuous improvement.
• Ensure appropriate process controls and documentation is in place at our NPAs and dealer partners.
• Manage and provide direction to the channel management team which will ensure they are effectively working with all channel and associated agency partners in alignment with NIB goals.
• This position has the responsibility to monitor the delivery/fulfillment performance of our NPAs and authorized dealers and wholesalers. Will work closely and collaboratively with these organizations to minimize and mitigate issues which negatively impact delivery/fulfillment expectations.
This job description does not imply that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The incumbent in this position will perform such other tasks as may be required for the effective operation of the Division/Department upon the request by his/her supervisor.
NIB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.