Organization: National Industries for the Blind
Statement of Purpose
This position is primarily responsible for developing a pipeline of new business that results in the creation of blind work years. The Sales Manager will typically target a set of strategic accounts (large Federal/DOD agencies) with a focus of effort on accomplishing specific business objectives within those accounts. The Sales Manager will identify, develop, capture and win new opportunities commensurate with NIB’s core product and service offerings, as well as educate account customers on existing opportunities under the suite of NIB solutions.
Responsibility for the Work of Others
• Employees in Other NIB Divisions Regular/Ongoing
• Supervisory Personnel Regular/Ongoing
• Associated Agency Personnel Regular/Ongoing
• Army Agencies Regular/Ongoing
Bachelor's degree in business administration, logistics, supply chain management or related field from a regionally accredited university or college. An equivalent combination of education and experience may also be acceptable.
Training and Specialized Knowledge
• Experienced business developer with 5+ years in the Federal/DOD marketplace and a proven track record of direct sales of products and services
• Must have comprehensive understanding and extensive experience in the complex Federal/DOD procurement process and purchasing cycles; must be familiar with the steps involved in the pre-solicitation phase in order to navigate through those milestones to shape and influence opportunities in favor of NIB
• Intimate knowledge of the full life cycle of the sales process from prospecting to win; works closely and collaborates with the business lines to qualify, capture and win new opportunities.
• Ability to prospect, build and manage excellent relationships at the Decision Maker/Action Officer-level (Contracting Officer/Program Manager/End-User), serving as a trusted advisor, offering added value and strategic insight into their mission requirements.
• In-depth knowledge of existing NIB products and services
• Demonstrates strong intellect, initiative, critical thinking, executive presence, sales acumen, and pursuit endurance.
• Outstanding written and oral communication skills, including mastery of formal presentations; highly collaborative; demonstrates sound soft skills and interpersonal communications abilities and negotiating skills.
• Proficient in account planning and management; experience in developing and implementing business sales plans.
• Possesses competitive knowledge and has the ability to offer added value and strategic insight of the Federal/DOD market space.
• Must be a ‘Hunter’ – ability to develop and foster trusted relationships, gather intelligence, find and get out in front of opportunities in time to shape them to NIB’s benefit.
• Must be a ‘Road Warrior’ – extensive traveling/canvassing; willing to call on customers at least 3-days per week.
• Communication Skills
• Ethics /Integrity
• Customer Care
• Job Knowledge/ Technical Skills
• Process Improvement
• 7+ years of direct DOD sales experience – prospecting, qualifying, pursuing, winning new business; measurable/quantifiable recent/relevant results.
• DHS, DOJ, HHS, VA, DLA experience and recent/relevant contacts a must
• SalesForce user a plus
• Basic MS Office Suite skills a must
• Extensive U.S. travel – Approximately 60%
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop a pipeline of new business that results in the creation of blind work years.
• Own opportunities throughout the full life cycle of the sales process; identify, develop, pursue, capture and win new business for NIB by selling NIB Product and Service offerings. Develop, with the business lines, project plans and timelines to deliver wins within the construct of the Federal procurement process.
• Develop a formal Account Plan to establish Focus of Effort, Critical Success Factors and Critical Vulnerabilities; this includes the development/implementation of formal call plans to achieve strategic objectives.
• Execute the call plan by engaging Decision Makers/Action Officer-level; ensure frequent/continuous engagement with client base and development/sustainment of favorable client relationship management.
• Communicate early and often with the business lines to qualify, capture and win new opportunities.
• Maintain competitive knowledge of assigned market space.
• Maintain current, accurate, complete record of opportunities in Salesforce.
• As part of the sales approach ‘tool kit’, utilize search engines to aid in prospecting/monitoring opportunities – to include, but not limited to, Sam.gov, GovWin, Agency-specific sites (e-Commerce, NECO, etc.)
• Participate in recurring Step Reviews and Pipeline Reviews
• Provide Weekly/Monthly Activity Reports, and sales opportunity reports/ forecasts as required.
• Participate in and conduct AbilityOne orientation and education across assigned accounts on a regular/recurring basis.
This job description does not imply that these are the only duties to be performed. The incumbent in this position will perform such other tasks as may be required for the effective operation of the Division/Department upon request by the supervisor.
NIB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.