Organization: South Texas Lighthouse for the Blind
Under direct supervision of the warehouse supervisor; responsible for shipping, receiving and inventory control. Receives, stores, and issues materials, equipment, and other items from warehouse.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Delivers raw materials to production, as well as finished goods from production to warehouse
2. Loads and unloads freight and stock materials; rotates material on a first in, first out procedure
3. Compares identifying information and counts, weighs, or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments against bills of lading
4. Prepares orders for shipment by pulling merchandise, palletizing, marking stretch wrapping and loading
5. Unpacks and examines incoming products and records shortages in logbook
6. Helps with daily and monthly inventory and cycle counts as assigned by warehouse supervisor
7. Pulls and fills planned and unplanned inventory to complete urgent orders as customer needs arise
8. Labels pallets before going to production; maintains pallet yard in an orderly fashion, cleans warehouse space
9. Refuels equipment; performs light housekeeping duties
10. Performs other duties as assigned
Work with minimal supervision and does not supervise other employees.
1. High school diploma or equivalent required
2. Six months recent warehouse experience required
3. Must have experience operating a forklift, pallet jack, hand truck, banding and wrapping equipment and bar code scanners
4. Good communication skills; works as a team and be detailed oriented
5. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. on a frequent basis
6. Must be able to lift, push and move materials weighing up to 150 pounds with assistance of warehouse equipment; must be able to climb ladders
7. Proficiency in basic math skills required including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
8. Basic computer skills required
9. Experience in entering information into warehouse computer system software (ie. QuickPak) preferred
STLB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or any other protected characteristic.