Organization: South Texas Lighthouse for the Blind
Under minimal supervision, performs a variety of sales associate duties requiring a high degree of detail, strong customer service, inventory control, shipping and receiving, and point-of-sale knowledge
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Greets and assists customers in product selection.
2. Processes and completes sales transactions, refunds, exchanges and voids.
3. Assists in processing and replenishing merchandise and monitoring floor stock.
4. Verifies that all items stocked in the store have proper shelf tags with barcode labels.
5. Assists with various aspects of operations including inventory control, inventory counts, etc.; shipping/receiving including receiving, stocking, labeling and packing merchandise; merchandising and display maintenance.
6. Performs light cleaning duties (sweeping, dusting, etc.) required to maintain clean racks, counters and customer service area.
7. Reconciles daily sales and end of day reports for management.
8. Creates purchase orders for acquisition of merchandise based on established stock levels and purchase history.
9. Performs other job duties as assigned
1. High School diploma or GED equivalent preferred.
2. Must be able to accurately operate a Point-of-Sales System and Inventory Management System; Five years’ experience with Point-of-Sale System in a retail environment preferred.
3. Requires great people skills; must be able to effectively deal with heavy public contact and provide excellent customer service.
4. Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division).
5. Proficiency using computer/Window applications.
6. Ability to lift up to 40 pounds on an occasional to frequent basis.
7. Ability to spend up to 100% of work time standing or moving within the store; physical activities include bending, stooping, lifting, climbing, carrying, walking and/or reaching on a frequent basis.
8. At selective locations: Must have valid driver’s license and proof of insurance in order to make deliveries in a company vehicle.
STLB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or any other protected characteristic.