VisionAware Is Full of Information and Resources On Diabetes and Vision Loss
- Read about diabetes and diabetic retinopathy.
- Get a comprehensive dilated eye exam at least once a year.
- Find out how to monitor your diabetes.
- Read about the difference between hyperglycemia and hypoglycemia.
- Check out our Diabetes Guides in English and Spanish.
Read Personal Stories About Living with Diabetes and Vision Loss>
- Read Vivian’s story and Nancy’s post on living with vision loss.
- You’ll find additional information on the Peer Perspectives on Living with Vision Loss blog if you browse by “diabetes and diabetic retinopathy”.
- Read what a physician has to say about taking charge of diabetes.
In addition to these suggestions, remember healthy eating and exercise are also important elements of maintaining control of your diabetes. Be sure to consult a physician before getting started with any exercise program.