Do you have low vision and diabetes?
Join diabetes nurse educator, Kim Ladd and Marana Vradenburg who is a type 1 diabetic who is blind, as they share about various tips and tricks to monitoring blood sugar independently. Marana will demonstrate how she uses a continuous monitoring system. To learn more and register visit our webinars page.
The Low Vision Exam: What is it? Who needs it? What next?
Read this recent blog post from HumanWare to learn about low vision services. Be sure to join us for the second webinar with HumanWare about various types of assistive technology and potential funding sources, on June 15, 12:30-2:00PM ET. Learn more and register here.
Upcoming Webinars and Events
Are you looking for webinars related to transition to college or work, career readiness, job search skills, and much more? The APH ConnectCenter offers a variety of webinars each month. Click here to see what's coming up!
Check out the APH ConnectCalendar to find events from many other organizations in the field of blindness and visual impairment.
Have Questions? Need Resources?
Are you losing your vision or know someone who is? We're here to help! Call us Toll Free at 1-800-232-5463 Monday through Friday 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM Eastern.
Finding Help After the Diagnosis
Helpful Products and Technology
- Book Review of “When You Can’t Believe Your Eyes”
- Downloads and Gadgets for Dad for Father’s Day
- Reaching Out: Focus on Volunteering as a Blind or Visually Impaired Person
- The Benefits of Working
- Review of Online Guide: “Smartphone Apps and Resources for People with Vision Loss or Impairment”
- Low Vision Exam. What is it? Who Needs it? What Comes Next?